Vaginal rejuvenation, also known as vaginoplasty, is a treatment procedure performed to restore the vagina to its original form. Vaginoplasty operation is performed with the principle of removing the enlarged vaginal tissue and tightening the soft tissues and muscles around the vagina. It is performed with intent to correct the elements that disturb the patient and affect her self-confidence as a result of the impaired genital health and the quality of sexual life caused by problems such as the loosening of the vaginal muscles due to birth and aging.
Vaginal rejuvenation is achieved with the procedures of surgical rejuvenation (tightening) or tightening with Laser and Radiofrequency.
Surgical Rejuvenation: Vaginal tightening surgery is performed on the vaginal orifice. The loose and problematic muscles and tissues in the vagina are sutured; and as a result, a vaginal tightness is achieved. The operation is completed within about 30 to 40 minutes.
Laser or Radiofrequency procedure: With these procedures, genital looseness and aesthetic problems such as dark color of the outer genital region can be treated. Laser beam or radiofrequency creates a controlled constriction in the vaginal wall, resulting in a narrower vaginal canal and consequently a higher quality sexual life. Tightening the vaginal anterior wall also treat urinary incontinences that occur after certain actions such as sneezing and coughing.
Some women may have a structurally wider vaginal region. This disorder can also be seen in young women and in those who have never given birth?
- The patient can return to her daily life 1 to 2 days after surgery.
- The patient takes a bath 3 days after surgery, making sure of standing upright during the bath. - The surgical procedure involves the use of self-dissolving sutures, which dissolve spontaneously after a week.
- Vaginal discharge may be observed for a period of 2 weeks after surgery.
- Sexual intercourse, sea and pool are prohibited for a period of 1 month after surgery.
- Since most of the incisions cannot be observed visually in the vaginal cavity, any possible scars remain in that region.