Who Can Have a Facelift?
Our faces first thing other people notice about us and is what makes up our facial features. Our face, is also the first thing we notice to change as we grow older. It is noted that a healthy diet, a good night’s sleep, abstaining from alcohol and smoking, drinking plenty of water, protecting our skin from the sun and regular a exercise can delay the process of saggy skin.
Avoiding stress and a good genetic structure also helps delay the aging process. However, sooner or later aging is inevitable.
Most people start with cosmetic creams and lotions to try and delay the signs of ages but there will come a time when they will not be as effective; this is the time when we may consider medical intervention.
There are a few surgical and non-surgical procedures that can be performed.
In general, these are called.
Facial rejuvenetion procedures
Depending on the chosen method, facial rejuvenation is used to slow down or reserve signs of aging. A good surgeon will always recommend a gentle non-drastic procedure to enable us to keep our natural look. Plastic surgery procedures performed at the right dosage will achieve a natural and younger looking appearance.
There are three times of facial rejuvenation procedures that can be performed.
Upper Facial Rejuvenation
Mid Face Rejuvenation
Lower Face and Neck Lift.
Are the results of a facelift permanent?
Unfortunately, even after medical intervention we still continue to grow old. The lifted areas will get loose and start to sag over time; however, the area operated on will not go back to looking as it was before the procedure sagging occurs quicker in people with thicker and fatty skin.
The duration of the results always depends on the induvial characteristics lifestyle and off course the technique and method of procedure performed.
What is the experienced after surgery?
- The procedure requires an overnight stay in hospital. The patient will be seen by the doctor and any drains will be removed before being discharged usually the day after surgery.
- The patient can take a bath or shower 48 hours after surgery.
- Sutures are removed 6 days after surgery.
- Any swelling or bruising will substantially regress in one week, but can last up to 20 days.
- The final result can take up to 3 months to show, depending on the individuals skin structure and the procedure performed.
- The patient must protect the affected area from direct sunlight for a minimum of 3 months.
Dr. Serdar Bora Bayraktaroglu will discuss the best procedure he recommends during your consultation.
The face brings the beauty of youth into the environment. With aging, the effects first begin to appear on the face; and people notice aging through the changes on your face, at first. Healthy diet, regular sleeping, living away from stress and sadness, doing exercise regularly, abstaining from smoking and alcohol, drinking plenty of water, staying away from the sun, and having a good genetic structure delay aging. However, it should not be forgotten that aging is still inevitable despite all these. Cosmetic products are the first option for preventing premature aging on the face. For problems that cosmetic products cannot solve, Plastic Surgery offers many surgical and non-surgical procedures. In general, these are called "facial rejuvenation procedures"
Facial rejuvenation is to slow down human's aging process and reverse it, even if just a bit, in accordance with and without changing his/her nature. With plastic surgery procedures performed in the right dosage, it is possible to enable people to grow old in a softer and better away. Procedures that can be performed in this regard:
There are three types of facial rejuvenation operations.
Forehead region, temples, eyebrows, and upper eyelids. Endoscopic and open forehead lift procedures, temporal lift, eyebrow lift, suture suspension of the brows, upper eyelid operations (upper blepharoplasty) and Botox applications can be listed.
Lower eyelids, cheeks and cheekbones. Lower eyelid operations (lower blepharoplasty), endoscopic mid-facelift, mid-facelift procedures on the lower eyelid, suture suspension of mid-face, fat injections, and filling can be listed.
Face and neck lift operations, and liposuction to the neck can be listed. Non-surgical rejuvenation procedures include suture suspension, peeling, Botox, PRP (youth vaccine), and filling applications.
The aging process continues also after surgical operation, and the lifted areas get loose and sag to a certain extent; however, the condition does not return to what it was before the surgery. The permanence of the surgical result varies depending on the technique used and the characteristics of the patient. Sagging occurs earlier in people with thick and fatty skin.
- Patients are kept in the hospital overnight after facelift. The next day, they are discharged after the removal of their drains.
- The swelling and bruise substantially regress in a week.
- The sutures are removed six days after surgery. The patient can take a bath 48 hours after surgery.
- Swelling and bruising may last 20 days. However, the final resolution of the swelling and the appearance of the final shape of the face may take three months, depending on the skin thickness and the procedures performed. As with all facial surgeries, the patient should be protected from direct sunlight for a period of 3 months.