Long and well-shaped legs enable a woman to look more attractive than she really is. The length of the legs cannot be increased or the bone curvatures cannot be corrected; however, defects can be concealed and a better appearance can be achieved by means of plastic surgery.
With intent to make the leg more beautiful, it is aimed at removing fat from the overweight parts of the leg; and supporting excessively slim legs with implants to ensure the overall leg (from the buttock to the ankle) to look more beautiful, by means of surgical procedures.
Many applications can be made in leg reshaping surgery, depending on the anatomy of the leg.
Liposhaping: Removing excess fat from the hip region, and inner parts of the thighs and knees makes the legs look longer, well-shaped and slim. Liposuction is applied all around the legs to provide the desired appearance in these areas. All around the knee and ankle are also slimmed down with fine cannulae. Afterwards, the fat removed is injected into the parts (mostly the area under the knee, and the calves), where it is needed for ensuring the leg to look nice. Fat injection is a good method for eliminating leg curvatures.
Calf implants: Like a thick leg, a very slim leg is also away from looking aesthetic. Especially calve implants are recommended for providing a better appearance to legs that have an excessively slim under-knee region. The legs look more attractive, thicker and muscular by means of these implants.
Thigh lift: The thin skin on the inside of the thighs sags and loses its elasticity as a result of the advancing age and weight gains and losses. The saggy skin is removed to provide a tighter appearance.
Filling Applications: Some patients do not have adequate amount of body fat their bodies. In such patients, the leg curvature is eliminated with hyaluronic acid fillers.
First of all, sports activities and leg exercises enable the person to have nice legs. Non-surgical clinical procedures also include Velashape III, an important regional slimming device with its volume-reducing and tightening effects; the lymph drainage technique with its edema-resolving and metabolism accelerating effects; and the radiofrequency technique with its tightening effect.
The shape obtained is permanent. However, if macrolane injections have been given, this effect will disappear within 1 year, and then the procedure will need to be repeated. Patients should watch their weigh for being able to maintain the result.
- The operation takes 1 to 4 hours, depending on the procedure.
- The patient is usually discharged the same day but may stays in the hospital overnight, if needed.
- The patient wears a corset for a period of about 3 weeks after liposhaping procedures.
- Compression socks are used for a period of 3 weeks after liposhaping operations on the under-knee region and calf implant placement operations.
- It is advised not to stand or walk too much during the first postoperative weeks.
- The normal daily life can be resumed after the 6th postoperative week
- The radiofrequency and lymph drainage procedures are useful for enabling the patient to regain her previous form and eliminating the edema after surgery.